What We Do
SKATTLE is made up of two main parts:
- We offer counselling support for kids and families throughout Brisbane
- We are leaders in providing training and supervision for organisations and professionals around Australia.
SKATTLE is special because we are respected as both practitioners and educators in the counselling field, and in the unique ways that we work with kids and families.
Our family counselling services assist children, teenagers and their families with any difficulties associated with life-changing experiences, such as grief, loss, trauma, divorce and separation.
All sessions are facilitated by specialised counsellors who aim to:
- Enable positive communication between family members
- Build a picture of your hopes for coming to counselling
- Acknowledge the existing skills of your child, teenager or family
- Assist in the development of new skills
- Assist in the movement toward new possibilities
Our intention is to offer opportunities for personal growth in order to have children, teenagers and their family members walking away feeling stronger.
As well as supporting children, teenagers and their families, SKATTLE is committed to supporting workers in the human services field in assisting Australian families.
Our experienced practitioners offer training and professional development programs both onsite and offsite, as well as tailor-made training developed for various organisations throughout Australia.
All of the facilitation, supervision and training are underpinned by Narrative and Solution-Focused approaches to counselling practice.
Our main goal is to be a valuable resource to kids, families and professionals who work in the human services field.
Please check out our blog and contact us today if you want any more information or to make a time to come visit us.